Wednesday 16 January 2013

Challenge accepted!




I love a good challenge.
Run a 10km fun run? Sure!
Go a month without buying anything new? Why not!
Don't eat sugar for a week? Well let me get back to you on that one.

But today I stumbled across a new challenge which really twigged with me.
The Australian Women's Writers 2013 challenge is aimed at overcoming the gender bias which can appear in the literary scene by encouraging people to sign up and read either 4, 6 or 10 novels throughout the year written by an Australian female author; and review them as well if you so desire.

When you think about it, that's really not that much effort for a very worthy cause. So sign me up!
Methinks some Kim Wilkins, Miles Franklin, Kate Moreton and Kate Forsyth will soon be hitting my desk.

You can read more about the challenge (and sign up) here.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment