Sunday 9 October 2011

The Pursuit of Madness

I've finally done it.
After 5 years spent slugging away at a uni degree, followed by nearly as long spent finding my feet and attempting to build a name in the small world of journalism in Brisbane I've thrown it all in.
But not just that I've also moved to the other side of the world for a year to a country where I don't speak the language and can't even work in my chosen profession.
Before you ask, yes I've been told I'm crazy and there have been more than a few moments in the past week after the holiday phase wore off when I've been inclined to agree.
 But like it or lump it, I'm here for the long haul, with my patient (and sometimes not so patient) guy along for the ride.
Paris. The city of lights, love and inspiration for countless writers over the centuries. I'm hoping it will help refresh my mind and creativity as well. Or at the very least help me do more than order coffee in poor French.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment